Friday, January 6, 2012

2012

Happy New Year! I was wondering what I wrote about last year at this time, and the ironic thing is, it is much the same as this year. Hmmm.

2011 ended kind of rough. I took about 6 weeks off from all exercise, and consequently, not so swell on the nutrition front either. Because of surgery, I had to take 3 weeks off, but I can't remember the reason(s) for taking the other 3 weeks off. I'm sure at the time it was justified. . . probably.

I haven't been on the scale, no desire. I know the number is up. My spare tire has grown from that of a mid-size car to more of the front tire on an 18 wheeler. My clothes aren't as comfortable either. I went to bootcamp twice this week. It felt good to sweat and work hard, but it has not felt good to change positions, especially climbing stairs. Every muscle below my neck has reminded me of my 6 week sabbatical. My goal is to attend 3 classes/week. I hear others talk about their weight loss, exercise success, or other goals being achieved related to fitness and health, and I get pissed off. I'm pretty sure I'm pissed off totally because I am jealous. I recognize it and don't like it. I also continue to pray for strength (physical and emotional) to be successful on my quest to be healthy and fit forever, not just for a few months. I'm certain my prayers are being addressed in some way, but I just haven't figured out how yet.

Next week, I am tackling my nutrition more seriously. I have ordered some books that are about hormones, nutrition, and weight. I'm anxious to read them. I know they are NOT a magic fix, but the reviews seem to show that there is a definite correlation between the three. If there are additional things I can do besides what I know works (exercise, eat right), then I'm all for it.



I really wish that I had some fabulous new photo to post of my progress, or a story of achieving my goals. However, I think I have not set attainable goals that I can meet and maintain. That is something I really need to look at. I need to quit making excuses and start being more accountable for everything. In short, I need to keep on keepin' on. . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment